Local Councils – Who Does What

Potholes driving you potty? Click here to report them. Do it now!


Different Local Authorities do Different Things...

The three tiers of local government – the parish council, the district council, South Northamptonshire Council, and the county council, Northamptonshire County Council – can (and in some cases must) deliver a range of public services. This page provides basic listings for the services provided by each tier.

Click here to jump to the list of services provided by South Northamptonshire Council.

Click here to jump to the list of services provided by Northamptonshire County Council.

What King’s Sutton Parish Council Does

Click here for more information about King’s Sutton Parish Council.

  • Young People's Activities – The parish council has discretion to make small awards for organised young people’s activities. (Youth services are usually led and organised by the county council. South Northamptonshire Council may also make some provision for children’s activities during school holidays.)

Back to top of page


South Northamptonshire Council’s Services

Click here to visit the South Northamptonshire Council website.

  • Vandalism

Back to top of page


Northamptonshire County Council’s Services

Click here to visit the Northamptonshire County Council website.

  • Accident Prevention
  • Adapting Homes for the Disabled
  • Adoption
  • Allowances (Welfare Benefits)
  • County Archives
  • Attendance at and Truancy from School
  • Benefits Advice
  • Blue Badge Scheme
  • Bus Passes
  • Care Assessment
  • Chaperone Services for Schoolchildren
  • Child Care
  • Citizenship
  • Community Grants (also available from other local authorities)
  • Community Safety
  • Complaints About Schools
  • Complaints Procedure (Local Government)
  • Concessionary Fares
  • Day Care Centres
  • Disabled Badges (Parking)
  • Dropped Kerbs
  • Education Benefits
  • Emergency Planning
  • Emergency Situations – Weather
  • Entertainment Licences
  • Family History Archives
  • Family Information Services
  • Family Support
  • Fire and Rescue Service
  • Fostering
  • Free School Meals
  • Gritting (Roads and Paths)
  • Highways
  • Home Education
  • Interpreting
  • Libraries
  • Local History Archives
  • Meals on Wheels
  • Mobile Libraries
  • Nursery Schools
  • Orange Badges (Parking)
  • Pavements
  • Pedestrian Crossings
  • Primary Schools
  • Public Transport
  • Respite Care
  • Road and Pathway Maintenance
  • Road Gritting
  • Road Safety and Road Safety Education
  • Road Signs
  • Road Spillage Treatment
  • Roads and Highways Salting and Gritting
  • School Admissions
  • School Bus Support
  • School Term Dates
  • School Transport
  • Secondary Schools
  • Sheltered Housing
  • Skip Licences
  • Snow Clearance
  • Social and Support Groups
  • Social Benefits
  • Special Educational Needs and Additional Support
  • Speed Limits
  • Street Lighting
  • Street Parties Permission
  • Student Grants
  • Studies and Qualifications (Post-16)
  • Traffic Lights
  • Truancy
  • Voluntary Organisations
  • Welfare Benefits
  • Winter Road Maintenance
  • Zebra Crossings

Back to top of page

Call the Parish Clerk on 01295 816905 (or use the email link below) for more information.

Click here to contact the Parish Clerk by email.