Contact This Section

Max 100 characters

Local Councils – Who Does What

Potholes driving you potty?

Click here to report potholes (and any other issue relating to the roads network in Northamptonshire).

Different Local Authorities do Different Things...

There are now two tiers of local government – the parish council and West Northamptonshire Council – that can (and in some cases must) deliver a range of public services. This page provides basic listings for the services provided by each tier.

Please note, Northamptonshire Highways is responsible for all matters pertaining to the local roads networks. Click here to visit the Northamptonshire Highways website.

Click here to jump to the list of services provided by West Northamptonshire Council.

What King’s Sutton Parish Council Does

Click here for more information about King’s Sutton Parish Council.

  • Young People's Activities – The parish council has discretion to make small awards for organised young people’s activities. (Youth services are usually led and organised by the West Northamptonshire Council.)

Back to top of page

West Northamptonshire Council’s Services

Adult social services


Bins, recycling and street cleaning

Births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships

Business and licensing

Children and families

Community safety and emergencies

Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Council tax

Councillors and democracy

Culture and tourism

Environmental health


Health, leisure and parks


Jobs and careers


Parking, roads and transport

Planning and building control

Schools and education

Your council

Back to top of page

Call the Parish Clerk on 01295 816905 (or use the email link below) for more information.