Parish Councillor Remit – Amenities
The current Parish Councillor for Amenities is Cllr Bob Burrell. Click here for his contact details.
blog comments powered by
- Periodic check (one every two months) on the condition of all Parish Council property – excluding that on The Rec or at the Cemetery – but including the bus shelters, seats, jitty gates, etc.
- Checking for working condition, damage and need for painting.
- Arranging for such work to be undertaken within a budget agreed at the start of the Council year.
- Ensuring that the bus shelters display the correct timetable information and any other notices as agreed by Council for publication.
- Applications for any improvements on walkways or other facilities – to consider such requests and recommend action or otherwise to the Council.
- Organise village litter pick events, co-ordinating with the appropriate persons at South Northamptonshire Council.
- Liaise with the King’s Sutton Horticultural Society to deliver King’s Sutton in Bloom in accordance with the Council’s Approved Operating Plan.
- Receive complaints and consider action regarding dog fouling and ensuring that the contract for collection of such waste is operating successfully (details in the Parish Office).
- Take on any issues that do not fall within the remit of other Councillors or Wardens, which lead to the physical benefit of the village and residents.
- Prepare annual expenditure budget to cover these issues and submit to the Finance, Governance & Policy Committee.
- Arrange the Grasscutting contract and renewal every two years.