Parish Councillor Remit – Cemetery
blog comments powered by
- Ensure that the cemetery is maintained in a tidy and organised fashion.
- Arrange periodic clearing of fallen branches and debris. (This may involve appointment of an “odd-jobber” and should be within budget.)
- Ensure that grass-cutting and hedge cutting are completed (by the appointed contractor) according to the contract held by the Clerk in the Parish Office.
- Ensure that the big green bins are placed outside the cemetery grounds for collection day.
- Make sure that the Jubilee Rose Garden is kept tidy and weeded as necessary, that roses are dead-headed or replaced as required, and that plaques are installed in accordance with the ERPP.
- Acting on behalf of the Clerk when on leave to receive telephone calls and arrange burials with funeral directors.
- Consider improvements, such as supporting rails on the steps at the lower gate level.
- Check that the Lych-gate and its rainwater pipes are maintained in good order.
- Consider plans to extend the Cemetery to include extra burial ground and possibly a car parking area.
- Revise the Cemetery charges on an annual basis for implementation on 1st April and prepare Receipts and Payments Budget for recommendation to the Finance Governance & Policy Committee.
- Ensure that a sufficient and suitable Risk Assessment is regularly undertaken as recommended in accordance with current guidance issued by the H&SE, and that records are held by the Clerk.