Parish Councillor Remit – Traffic Calming & Highways
blog comments powered by
- Act as Speed Watch Co-ordinator, recruiting the required number of trained volunteers and assessing cost benefits of the scheme.
- Negotiate with the Police on traffic speeding and other traffic issues.
- Select and identify supplier of Vehicle Activated Signs, in conjunction with NCC – Determine costings and siting and positioning criteria.
- Make the best use of the data collected from the VAS.
- Give consideration to the construction of chicanes as traffic calming in conjunction with NCC. Assess feasibility in terms of costs, practicalities and benefits.
- Give consideration to the installation of white village gates at main entry roads into King’s Sutton – acquire necessary permissions, licences, assess cost effectiveness.
- Monitor issues of inconsiderate parking and recommend ways to reduce its prevalence.
- Recommend ways to deal with issues of overhanging hedges and other vegetation.
- Consider provision of new salt bins and arrange for timely replenishment of existing ones.
- Be active with online Street Doctor reporting and follow up.
- Having assessed proposals, prepare expenditure budget for presentation and agreement by the Finance, Governance & Policy Committee.